Five things you can do to help us keep your Pelgas propane deliveries coming
Winter 2018-19 doesn’t officially arrive until December 21, but unofficially we have already gotten a taste of what Mother Nature may have in store for us here in Southwest Iowa.
As we inch toward winter and the unpredictable weather and travel conditions it brings, we want to remind you of some steps you can take to make propane deliveries easier for our dedicated fleet of drivers and technicians; the combination of blizzard conditions, packed ice and extreme cold can make it difficult for them to reach you and provide the fuel that keeps your family safe and warm, or your farm or business up and running.
In the coming weeks and months, we would appreciate it if you do these five things for us:
- Keep tree branches trimmed back and a path cleared in areas on the way to and surrounding your propane tank.
- Clear a 10-foot wide path in your driveway to a height of at least 14 feet so our trucks can safely maneuver.
- Clear walkways so our technicians can access your home safely.
- Keep an eye on your propane gauge, calling us when your gas levels reach about 30 percent (if you’re not sure how to read your tank gauge or if you have any questions about your heating system, feel free to contact us).
- If you are an automatic delivery customer and something has changed in your home or lifestyle since last heating season that will affect your propane use – for example, if you have added a room to your home or welcomed an addition to your family who requires more heat in the house – please let us know.