Why Use Propane Gas for Your Southwest Iowa Farm?
More than 800,000 American farms use propane gas today, and with good reason: propane is a reliable, efficient energy source whose versatility makes is an almost perfect fuel for any farm or agribusiness.
Why choose propane to power your Southwest Iowa farm? Consider these benefits:
- Versatility – Propane can be used to power just about anything on your farm, including livestock and brooder house heaters, crop drying equipment, backup generators, weed and pest control systems, and more. Propane autogas can even power your converted pickup truck and other vehicles!
- Cost savings – Propane is less expensive than gas or diesel fuel, and propane-powered engines cost less to purchase and repair than their diesel counterparts.
- Fuel security – Propane is used in a closed-end fueling system, which virtually eliminates loss from theft and spillage.
- Clean burning performance – Propane burns cleaner than gasoline or diesel – which means you will experience less wear and tear on your equipment, spend less money on maintenance costs, and reduce equipment downtime due to repairs.
- A smaller carbon footprint – Propane’s lower carbon emissions offer big environmental benefits that can create additional economic incentives through organizations such as the Propane Education and Research Council; it can also open up unique marketing opportunities by helping you promote the “green” management practices of your farm.
- No pooling – If you spill propane (which is less likely in a closed-end fuel system), it evaporates without contaminating soil or water (unlike oil, diesel fuel, or gasoline).
Pelgas offers convenient bulk propane delivery to regional farms of all sizes, along with convenient payment options that will help keep your fuel costs manageable.
Need propane for your Southwest Iowa farming operation? Pelgas can help. Contact us to learn more about our agricultural propane services, or to order propane for your farm today.