Propane Fireplaces: Why You Might Consider Getting One
Most of us love the warm, inviting glow of a wood-burning fireplace –especially during the holiday season. But few of us enjoy the work it takes to get that fire set up (or cleaned up afterward).
Gas Fireplace Benefits
The good news is you can get that same evening in front of the fire at the click of a button from the comfort of your favorite chair or sofa – thanks to the power of propane gas. From fireplaces and cast iron stoves to fireplace inserts and log sets, today’s propane hearths offer:
- Convenience – Imagine no more wood gathering or chopping, no ash piles, and no more wood flecks to track through the house. Just click “on” and your fire is up and ready to go; when you’re done, click off: no more waiting for that fire to go out!
- A beautiful focal point – Today’s vented and vent-free propane hearths produce realistic flames and come in a range of attractive styles and finishes, so they’ll make a perfect centerpiece for your living room or den.
- Safe operation – With a propane gas fireplace, you’ll have no more embers, unstable log piles, or dangerous creosote buildup in your chimney. Just maintain your hearth properly and it will provide safe, reliable heat year after year.
- Energy savings – A propane fireplace operates at four to five times the efficiency of a wood fireplace, so you’ll pay less to stay warm. You’ll also eliminate chimney cleaning, saving even more money.
- Eco-friendly performance – Clean-burning propane emits far fewer pollutants and less CO2 than wood – good for your health, good for the air, and good for the planet.
If you don’t have a fireplace yet, consider installing a propane hearth – it’s more affordable than you think. If you already have a masonry fireplace but want it to run more efficiently with far greater convenience for you, consider adding a propane fireplace insert or gas log set.
Spend less time preparing your fires and more time enjoying them in your Southwest Iowa home. Install a propane fire feature – fueled with propane from Pelgas!