Keep Your Propane Supply Full, Secure, And Accessible This Winter
Our crews work hard to provide the most reliable propane delivery in southwestern Iowa – but when severe winter weather strikes, we can use your help.
Propane Delivery Tips
Please help serve as many people as we can during severe weather by making these preparations at home in advance of your next propane delivery:
- Keep a clear path to your propane tank – Snow, ice, and debris can block the path to your propane tank’s fill valve, making it difficult for our crews to pump your gas. Try to keep at least an 18-inch wide path to your propane tank clear so our team can reach it easy and safely. Strongly consider flagging your propane tank in the event of heavy snow so our crew can find the fill valve.
- De-ice your driveway – If your home requires our crew to park in the driveway to fill your tank, please keep it free of snow and ice so they can navigate safely. Please also keep in mind that our fuel trucks are wider than your car, so plan accordingly.
- Keep gates unlocked, or have someone nearby to grant access – If your fill pipe is behind a gate, please make sure it is unlocked on delivery day – or make sure someone is nearby to let our crew in.
- Keep pets under control – We want to deliver your propane, but we want to do it safely for both our drivers and your pets. Please be sure your pets are secure on delivery day.
- Be available on delivery day – Make sure someone is reachable on propane delivery day, preferably by cell phone or in person; If something unexpected happens that needs your immediate attention, our delivery team will need to contact you.
Thanks for helping us keep you safe, warm, and satisfied with reliable, on-time propane delivery in our service area– our drivers appreciate your consideration!
For reliable propane delivery from Des Moines to Omaha, nobody beats Pelgas! Contact us today to request a propane delivery, or to join the Pelgas family of customers.