Depend on Pelgas for Your Household Propane
Propane can make your life easier
Count on great service
Since our founding in 1947, we have taken pride in our excellent service record and the fact that many of our residential propane customers have been with us for generations.
Propane is a popular residential fuel in Iowa and many homeowners have put their trust in Pelgas to deliver their propane—reliably and safely. Here are some key points to remember:
- When you call Pelgas, you get a local person, ready to help. You don’t get some distant call center or find yourself stuck hearing endless recorded messages.
- If you have any questions about propane or your propane system, we are ready to help. If you have any questions about your bill or you are wondering about a “too good to be true” offer from another fuel company, just give us a call and we will be happy to discuss it.
- Everyone knows energy prices can fluctuate significantly. We do our very best to ensure a competitive price and quality service for all of our customers, year-in and year-out.
- If you use propane to heat your home or your water, cook your food or dry your clothes, you can rely on Pelgas to give you a dependable supply of propane at a fair price.
Other residential services offered by Pelgas
In addition to propane delivery to your home, Pelgas also offers the following services:
- Bottle-fill service for backyard grilling and other outdoor uses
- Bottle cylinder filling: If you use portable propane tanks for grills, patio heaters or other heating devices, one of our staff will happily refill it your empty cylinder. While you’re there, we can also let you know if your tank requires inspection.
- Regulator changeouts: Pelgas can install and replace regulators. If you have any questions about regulators or would like to schedule a regulator change-out, please contact us.
- Gas leak checks: We recommend a propane gas leak check anytime you have a question or there is an interruption in your service, such as when installing or replacing an appliance. Read more about gas leak checks and propane safety.
- Purging and inspecting new tanks: New tanks may contain air or other contaminants. Safety codes require that these be removed before the tank can be filled with propane. We can handle this purging service for you and inspect your tank as well.
- Lawn mower conversions: We can help you convert your existing gasoline-powered mower to Propane Autogas—an environmentally friendly, cost-efficient fuel. It’s more affordable than you think—and it will save you money on fuel expenses in the long run.
Please contact us today to ask about convenient propane delivery—and convenient cylinder refills.